FASHION TIP: Planning Your Wardrobe For Every Season.
1. Create An Inspiration Board: When Scrolling Online or Reading a Magazine. Anything You Come Across You Want To Buy or Imitate. Pin Looks Onto a Bulletin Board. You Will Then Begin To Get a Vision Of Looks You Are Drawn Too.
2. Edit Your Wardrobe: Before You Step Foot Into a Store. Try On Your Clothing From Last Season To See What Still Fits And Looks Current.
3. Do Some Styling: Pull Out Your Best Pieces And Assess What You Are Missing. For Example Are You Missing Basic Black Pants? Could a Belt Complete An Outfit?
4. Make a Wish List: Write Down What You Need And, In a Seperate Column, What You Want. Keep Your List With You To Avoid Impulse Spending And Shop For Key Items Before You Add In The Fun Stuff.
FASHION TIP: How To Care For Your Handbag
- Interior: To Clean, Gently pull the interior inside out and use a standard lint roller to pick up debris. Or try the fabric-brush attachment on your vacuum.
- Shape: Help your bag keep its shape by placing loosely balled-up, white, acid-free tissue paper inside when you’re storing it.
- Hardware: Deep cracks or scratches on the metal are virtually impossible to repair. But bag and show repair shops can replace hardware to hide finer flaws.
- Zippers: Keep them working smoothly by running a piece of natural beeswax over their open teeth.
- Exterior: Keep leather moisturised with a leather conditioning cream. If the skins looking dull, apply a neutral polish with a soft piece of fabric, then wipe with a clean piece.
FASHION TIP: Organising Your Lingerie
- Toss And Sort: Those worn-out items you’re dying to ditch? Now’s the moment to throw them out. Next, divide your lingerie by type (bras, panties etc) and into everyday and special occasion piles.
- Choose Your Drawers: Ideally you’ll want a couple of drawers for undergarments: one for bras and panties, and another for hosiery, body shapers or other items you dont wear as often.
- Fold It Right: Folding prevents delicate lingerie fabrics from tangling and stretching. Fold bras in half, cup in cup, tucking the straps inside. With other underwear, fold in the sides, then bring up the bottom to make a square.
- Divide And Conquer: One well placed plastic divider in a lingerie drawer can mean the difference between tidiness and chaos. Placing bras and panties in fabric lined boxes also keeps things nicely organised.